SciRJ Logo Scientific Research Journal
Menu

Authors
Submit your research
Submission Guidelines
Editorial Board
Review Process
Publication Fee
Scirj Indexing

Publications
Research Journal
Special Issue
Thesis
Monograph

Research Library

RSS & Feeds

Subscribe


Scirj, Volume V
August Issue [In Process]
July Issue
June Issue
May Issue
April Issue
March Issue
February Issue
January Issue


Scirj, Volume IV
December Issue
November Issue
October Issue
September Issue
August Issue
July Issue
June Issue
May Issue
April Issue
March Issue
February Issue
January Issue

Scirj Volume III, Issue I, January 2015 Edition
ISSN: 2201-2796

Radiographic Cardiac Indices in West African Dwarf Goats

R. O. Ukaha

Abstract: In veterinary radiology, determination of cardiac features is necessary in the assessment of animals with clinical signs of heart disease. In this work, thoracic radiographs of 10 clinically normal West African Dwarf Goats (WADGs) without any evidence of cardio-thoracic anomaly were examined. The aim of the research was to approximate reference values for radiographic cardiac indices of normal caprine heart image in dorsoventral, ventrodorsal and right lateral projections. The mean radiographic cardiac index was 0.64±0.01 and 0.67±0.01 in DV views and VD views respectively. In 90 per cent of the patients, the cardiac silhouette was found located between the third and sixth ribs, while in the remaining 10 per cent of the animals, the heart shadow was seen between ribs two and five. The two-thirds rule observed in dogs and cats is also applicable to the WADG. Use of radiographic cardiac indices and cardiac silhouette location in diagnosis is easy and objective in clinical practice.

Reference this Paper: Radiographic Cardiac Indices in West African Dwarf Goats by R. O. Ukaha published at: "Scientific Research Journal (Scirj), Volume III, Issue I, January 2015 Edition, Page 18-21 ".

Search Terms: Heart, Goats, Measurements, Radiography, Views

[Read Research Paper]       [Full Screen]

Ooops! It appears you don't have a PDF plugin for this barrPostingser. you can click here to download the PDF file.









  © 2013 Scientific Research Journal, US . Malaysia . Australia
All rights reserved.