SciRJ Logo Scientific Research Journal
Menu

Authors
Submit your research
Submission Guidelines
Editorial Board
Review Process
Publication Fee
Scirj Indexing

Publications
Research Journal
Special Issue
Thesis
Monograph

Research Library

RSS & Feeds

Subscribe


Scirj, Volume V
October Issue [In Process]
September Issue
August Issue
July Issue
June Issue
May Issue
April Issue
March Issue
February Issue
January Issue


Scirj, Volume IV
December Issue
November Issue
October Issue
September Issue
August Issue
July Issue
June Issue
May Issue
April Issue
March Issue
February Issue
January Issue

Scirj Volume III, Issue II, February 2015 Edition
ISSN: 2201-2796

Assessment of Personality Traits of Performance Tennis Players Aged 18 Years and Above

PhD. Erdal DEMİR, Esra YAZICI

Abstract: The research aimed to assess the personality traits of performance tennis players aged 18 years and above and investigate differences according to gender. With this aim, the research was designed as a screening model. The study group comprised 80 tennis players who competed in the 18 years and above performance tournament hosted by the Turkish Tennis Federation (TTF) in 2013 who had individual or club licenses from the Tac Sports Club, TED Sports Club, ENKA Sports Club and Istanbul Tennis Club in Istanbul. While 83.8% (n=67) of the study group had club licenses, the remaining 16.2% (n=13) had individual licenses. The average age of the study group was 19.36 years (sd=1.85). Of tennis players 51.2% were women and 48.8% (n=39) were men. The short form PERI (Personality Inventory) personality scale was used in the research. The personality inventory is comprised of 5 subscales of openness to experience, sense of responsibility, extraversion, compatibility and emotional balance. The data collection tools were applied during face-to-face interviews with participants. The mean points of the data were calculated and the T test was used to obtain differences according to gender. In conclusion, tennis players had lowest mean points for the personality trait of emotional balance, and highest mean points for the personality trait of sense of responsibility. Additionally according to the variable of gender, the only significant difference was found for the personality trait of extraversion (p<0.05).

Reference this Paper: Assessment of Personality Traits of Performance Tennis Players Aged 18 Years and Above by PhD. Erdal DEMİR, Esra YAZICI published at: "Scientific Research Journal (Scirj), Volume III, Issue II, February 2015 Edition, Page 32-34 ".

Search Terms: Personality, tennis, tennis player

[Read Research Paper]       [Full Screen]

Ooops! It appears you don't have a PDF plugin for this barrPostingser. you can click here to download the PDF file.









  © 2013 Scientific Research Journal, US . Malaysia . Australia
All rights reserved.